Saturday, February 7, 2009

We've been busy!

I just got back from the Sevens Rugby Tournament. It's a 2-day costume party, and some people even watch the rugby games.
It is the biggest event in Wellington, and probably the biggest in the whole country.

I went with some friends, two of whom are British, and one kiwi. This turned out to be quite a dynamic since the championship game was between England and New Zealand. It was a close game until the very end when England came from behind to WIN. Then my British friends had to run for their lives!


Cowboys....
...and indian.

I stayed up the night before to make my Native American headdress.

The costumes are indeed the whole point of the extravaganza, and here are some of my favorites:

These road cones were out about town and surrounded cars and sat in the street as a type of performance art.
Then they got to the stadium and got hammered...


Just like Jesus (with cardboard cross).


These horses were a few rows in front of us. Good thing the cowboys were there to keep them in line!


Mario and Luigi!
Pack of Obamas.



Rugby players in the costumes... er... uniforms.

1 comment:

Heather004 said...

OMG Tammy- That looks like SO much fun! I'm so jealous. I have loved looking at your pictures of NZ...some great shots! Keep it up so I can live vicariously through you! :)